- Dr. Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui
Dr. Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui
Dr. Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui has been a lecturer in Web technologies in the Communication & Systems Department at the OU since January 2007. Before that she spent 1 year as lecturer at Oxford Brookes University.
She studied computing at the National Institute of Computer Science, (INI) Algiers, and passed through the Graduate School in Computer Science at EPFL, Lausanne in Switzerland. She has completed my PhD on "Context-aware Service Provisioning in Pervasive Environments" in 2005, at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland.
She has edited one book and published over 50 scientific peer-reviewed journals, book chapters and conference articles, she has successfully supervised 10 Masters research students. She is a IEEE and ACM member.
Teaching at the OU Soraya is currently on the course team writing T215 communication and information technologies planned for first presentation in Autumn 2010. Other courses that she has contributed to in recent years include: T320 E-business technologies: foundations and practice (presented for the first time in May 2008), TT282 The server side of application development, TT281 The client side of application development
My current fields of interest include distributed computing on the web, ubiquitous computing, and context-aware computing. The followings are a selection of her research output:
- Advances in Ubiquitous Computing: Future Paradigms and Directions, Soraya Kouadri Mostefaoui, Zakaria MaamarGeorge M. Giaglis
- Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui. Suitability of Context Models for Service Oriented Environments. In the proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA’08), Doha, Qatar, March 31st – April 4th 2008.
- Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui. A Context Model Based on UML and XML Schema Representations. In the proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA’08), Doha, Qatar, March 31st – Apri 2008.
- Soraya Kouadri Mostéfaoui. A Three Layered XML-Based Context Model. In the proceedings of the 1s IEEE International Workshop on Context Modelling and Management for Smart Environments (CMMSE’2007), held in conjunction with the Second International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM’2007), Lyon, France, October 28th – 31st 2007.