Mobolaji Akinola was born in Lagos, Nigeria. He graduated in 1990 with a BSc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering form the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria and received his MSc degree in Electrical Engineering (Option: Instrumentation and Digital Systems) from the University of Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico in 2003. Since October 2008, he is a PhD Research student at the Open University, UK.
His research interest includes Scalable Multiview Video Coding, Object/Image recognition, Digital Signal Processing, Communication System Modelling and Simulations, Antenna Design and Simulation etcpublications
- Mobolaji Akinola, “Improved teaching productivity by using pc based laboratory automation”, 2nd African Regional Conference on Engineering Education (ARCEE 2004), Lagos, Nigeria.
- Mobolaji Akinola, “Computer Simulation of Coding schemes using Matlab”, International Conference in Engineering, 2005, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Mobolaji Akinola, "Giving natural “eyes” to unmanned vehicles(uv) using object/pattern recognition tools", Royal Institute of Navigators, New Navigators Seminar, Imperial College London, June 2008.
- Oyadina O. and Akinola M.O., “Malignant Software Management", Asset, Journal of the University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Nigeria, 2007.
- Mobolaji Akinola, (2003) 'Simulation and Analysis of the Digital Communication system with M – Ary QASK Modulation in the presence of AWGN'. Masters Thesis at the University of Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Mobolaji Akinola, (1990) 'Design and Fabrication of a hardware based Digital Communication System' BSc project at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.